Public participation during a Board of Supervisors meeting is encouraged and members of the public have the option to make a public comment in-person, telephonically or in writing. Refer to the published meeting agenda posted 72-hours prior to each meeting to view current meeting procedures. In compliance with directives of the County, State, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Board of Supervisors meeting is broadcast live and open to in-person attendance pursuant to guidelines related to social distancing and minimizing person-to-person contact. Meeting procedures are subject to change based on the recommended public health and safety guidelines.
IN-PERSON PUBLIC COMMENT
- Members of the public may address the Board in-person to make a public comment. Facemasks and social distancing are required while inside the County Administration Center and Board Chambers. Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Individuals addressing the Board must complete and submit a public comment speaker request form to Clerk staff. The Chairperson will invite each individual to the podium to make a verbal comment during the public comment period for each agenda item or off-agenda matter.
- Overflow seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If seating is not available inside Chambers or overflow rooms, individuals will be allowed to form a line in the designated area and make a public comment and will be required to exit the Chambers after making a public comment. Due to limited seating capacity and public safety protocols, individuals will not be permitted to stand in lieu of sitting inside the Chambers.
TELEPHONIC PUBLIC COMMENT
- On the day of the meeting dial (916) 875-2500 to make a telephonic public comment. The public comment phone line is activated 15-minutes prior to the start of each meeting. Follow the prompts for instructions to be placed in queue for a specific agenda item or off agenda matter. Refer to the meeting agenda and listen to the live meeting to determine when is the best time to call to be placed in queue for a specific agenda item. Callers may be on hold for up to an extended period of time and should plan accordingly. When the Chairperson opens public comment for a specific agenda item or off-agenda matter, callers will be transferred from the queue into the meeting to make a public comment. Each agenda item queue will remain open until the public comment period is closed for that specific item.
WRITTEN PUBLIC COMMENT
- Send an email comment to BoardClerk@saccounty.net. Include meeting date and agenda item number or off-agenda item. Contact information is optional.
- Mail a comment to 700 H Street, Suite 2450, Sacramento, CA 95814. Include meeting date and agenda item number or off-agenda item. Contact information is optional.
- Written comments are distributed to Board members and filed in the record.
- Live on Metrocable 14 Comcast, Consolidated Communications and AT&T U-Verse television channels.
- Webcast live at metro14live.saccounty.net.
- Each meeting is rebroadcast. Refer to the agenda for the rebroadcast day and time.
AGENDA & MATERIAL
HOW TO ADD AN ITEM ON THE AGENDA
- Matters to be presented at Board meetings are coordinated three weeks in advance and published on the Board's agenda. To request to place an item on the agenda, submit the request to BoardClerk@saccounty.net no later than three weeks (3 weeks) prior to the meeting date. Agenda item requests are forwarded to the Chairperson for consideration and review. The agenda is compiled and published by the Clerk of the Board.
- Requests for accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) should be made with the Clerk's Office by telephone at (916) 874-5411 (voice) and CA Relay Services 711 (for the hearing impaired) or email at BoardClerk@saccounty.net prior to the meeting.
QUESTIONS OR ASSISTANCE
County Administration Center
700 H Street, Board Chambers (Room 1450)
Sacramento, CA 95814